There’s no two ways about it, we LOVE Westbourne!! With so many lovely independent shops and cafes, it really is Bournemouth’s very own little mecca, the place to go if you want something a bit different, instead of the boring same old same old!! So whether you are looking for somewhere in Bournemouth and Poole area to go for a day out, or considering moving to the area, here are some pretty good reasons you should!!
So starting with places to grab a drink and a light bite, yes of course we’ve got the usual ones, your Starbucks and your Costa. But Westbourne has over 24 independent places to grab a brew. All of them are very unique in their ways, with vibrant atmospheres and friendly staff!
There really are so many to choose from, so here are our favorite five!
1.Dot-Teas, serving yummy vintage style tea and cake!!
Pictured above, delicious milkshakes from DOT-TEAS
2. Lavish Life, not only do they sell tea and coffee but they have an mini underground cinema too!!
3. Le Petite Prince, rustic style with some of the best cakes and bread around!!
4. Circo Lounge, great coffee, great food, great people… just Great!!!
5. Badger and Bumble, this deli is a shop and a cafe, with all independent produce and confectionery!
Badger and Bumble’s local independent produce!
Got your doggy friend with you? Stop by Circo Lounge or the Dog house where you will both be warmly welcomed in for tea and cake.
AND THEN…….for some shopping!! Great boutiques in Westbourne!
1. Scape Interiors, of course we are our number 1 fave place to shop in Westbourne!! We travel around the world to bring back the hidden treasure that are not seen on the high street! Whether you are on the hunt for some stunning new furniture or just a few new interesting bits and pieces for the home, consider us your first stop!! Come and say hello at 5 and 7 Westbourne arcade!
Here we are, with one of our spring time windows!!
2.Stanwells, if it’s high end fashion your after, Stanwells is the place to go, recommended by the Sunday Times ‘Stella’ magazine, they’ve always got the latest trend!
The fabulous fashion boutique Stanwells
3. They may not be an independent but they’re small enough to still be cute and awesome, JOJO MAMAN BEBE, is a beautiful baby shop with quality baby clothes, toys, maternity wear and accessories.
JoJo Maman Bebe on the highstreet
4. Westbourne Bookshop, one of the last standing independent bookshops in the area, the bookshop is a wonderful place to pick up a good read.
5. Beau Bijou, if it’s something pretty with a lot of sparkle you are after, then the shop right next door to us in the Westbourne Arcade is defiantly worth a sneaky peak.
Don’t forget that we have only listed a few of our favourite above; there are many other amazing independent shops in Westbourne waiting for you to explore,too!
Enjoy Westbourne, shop local and support the independent high street!!
Love SCAPE X